Saturday 16 May 2015

Real Ale Festival

Hey guys!

Super late I know, I'm sorry!  I find it pretty hard to blog when I'm not at home so I've made the decision to try my best to have my posts ready to go a week in advance.  That way there will be no excuses!  

Last night I went to a real ale festival with my boyfriend and his family.  It was a really good event and actually much better than I was expecting.  Every year my neighbouring town holds this event but yesterday was my first time actually attending.  Basically it is just a good event to show case all the local ales on offer.  Personally I hate ale or beer or lager or anything of that beery nature haha so I wasn't expecting much going into this thing.  

This year they had a gin stall too - but me being incredibly difficult I don't like gin either (but in this instance it was better that beer so it won).  I was actually pleasantly surprised by the gin I got but I really wasn't going in there with high expectations.  For a start it had gin in it - then it had tonic which I also hate - and to top it all off it had mint in it which is my least favourite herb ever.  Together though - it was the perfect combination.  I actually really liked it!  The gin was a fancy rose/earthy flavour and the tonic was flavoured with elderflower.  The mint really complimented too and I didn't think I would ever hear myself say that!  I don't know why I liked it so much - perhaps it was because I had just suffered through half a pint of gross ale before hand and in comparison it was a heavenly combo but who knows!



There was also live music, a magician (who I didn't see but heard much about), and plenty of amazing smelling food.  My main complaint would be that there wasn't any vegetarian options - but I was starving and grumpy and had I eaten before hand it wouldn't have been so much of an issue.  Of course it was freezing - but that's Scotland for you.  All in all it was actually a really nice event with a great busy atmosphere.

Did you guys get up to anything cool yesterday?

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment