Monday 18 May 2015

Primark Haul!

Hey guys!


So today I bring you a little Primark haul but not of the usual sort.  It's a makeup haul!  I know, I was sceptical when I first heard Primark had a makeup range too.  I have nothing against Primark - in fact I love it but I never thought their makeup range would be any good.  I was wrong.  It's actually pretty great - especially for the prices!  I didn't get much because I was just testing it all out but I'm planning to get more on Wednesday so next Monday should have a few extra bits included!  

Also I checked and Primark don't test on animals which is a pretty big thing for me!  I recently went through all my makeup and checked if they test on animals (I was really scared I'd have to throw it all away) and it turns out I only had one Maybelline eye liner.  I'm going to pick up a Primark liquid when I'm in town to replace it.  Obviously I will no longer be purchasing from Maybelline or L'Oreal who own them.  There is absolutely no excuse for animal abuse.


 I picked up this 8 Shade Metallic Eyeshadow Palette for £2.50.  They had another one there but I prefered the colours in this one.  I'm not really sure how I feel about this palette if I'm really honest.  The pigment is good on your finger but on a brush it's not as good.  The consistency is a bit powdery for my liking but that's just me being picky.  I'm used to just using my Urban Decay palette so it might be that I'm just super used to high quality now.  The peachy colour second in is really pretty as a highlight so it wins in that department!



I also picked up this single Baked Wet and Dry Shadow in the colour 14 Dark Brown for £2.50.  This is such a pretty colour!  I haven't used it all over the lid but sparingly and it seems nice.  The consistency of this one is much nicer and not as powdery.  This contains quite a lot of product too so I was happy about that.  I think I'm going to look out for some lighter colours on Wednesday because this one was a little dark.


I've not got a price tag on this SUNKISSED Metalic Bronzed Blush but it was definitely under £3.00.   I love this!  It's now a regular in my makeup routine.  It's nice and shimmery and just adds a really pretty glow to my face without looking orange which I find a lot of bronzers do on my face.   My only complaint is that it was detached from the base - it is still stuck to a base but the whole base has come loose from the container which is a bit annoying.  I just picked up a broken one though - so no fault of the product!


I decided I wanted to try just one of their brushes because brushes can be really hit and miss I find.  I got this kabuki brush to try for £2.50 and I am so in love with it.  I use it for all my powdered products and it really does a lovely job.  It's superrrrr soft and so far I have had no shedding.  It is actually a fantastic (super cheap) brush.  I' definitely going to be picking up some more from them.  I love that it has this nice black to purpley pink fade too.  Super cute.


I never normally wear eyeliner - never mind white or pink but I decided to pick it up anyway.  Can't go wrong for £1.00 can we?  I like that it comes with a sharpener too - I haven't tried the sharpener so can't vouch for its usefulness but I can say the white liner is fab!  I've used it a couple times on my water line and it's been nice.  I like putting it under my eyebrow to accentuate the arch too and it looks great that way.  The pigment is really there too which I find lacking with a lot of pencil liners.   I haven't tried the pink yet but I'm sure it will be good too.



My last makeup product is this pretty lipstick that I picked up for £1.50!  I can't believe it was so cheap and it is actually so nice!  It smells amazing too!  It's a really nice creamy consistency and it isn't tacky at all and it doesn't dry out my lips either which is a huge plus!  I haven't really been wearing this because when I brought it home my mum asked to have it - and me being fab - let her so I'll need to get another one when I'm in town on Wednesday along with probably a billion other colours.  The few times I have wore it though it's lasted a good time on my lips.


The last thing I'm going to share with you is this little candle that only cost me 80p!  I know it's not makeup but it's just a little added bonus that I bought at the same time haha!  I really like the Red Berry and Jasmine scent.  It's really over powering in the jar but when you light it it's a nice subtle smell.  I feel really calm when I have it on as well - I don't know if that's just the affect of the candle or the scent but it works anyway!  My mum says it smells like calpol in the jar haha but I think it just smells nice and floral.  Who doesn't love calpol anyway?

That's it for today guys!  Don't forget to follow me if you'd like to see more next week!  Have you tried any of the Primark PS Love range, what do you think?  If not do you think you'll try some after reading this post?

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment