Monday 11 May 2015

Mascara Review

Hey guys!



Today I decided I was going to do a review for you all!  I have briefly mentioned this product in posts before but it's about time it got a nice shiny post all to itself.  This is my first proper review on my blog so if there is anything I miss out or that you want to know don't hesitate to tell/ask in the comments!  Your feedback is more than welcomed it literally puts a smile on my face every time I see a new comment down there.

So lets get down to it.  My lovely boyfriend picked this product up for me a couple of months ago while we were up in the city.  I had gone into Boots with no brands in mind and in all honesty I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.  My previous mascaras had all began doing real damage to my eyelashes and to combat this (warning: do not try this at home) I decided to start wearing individual false eye-lashes.  Yes they look gorgeous and yes they are nice for a night out but please do not wear them every day like I did.  I thought wearing false eyelashes would give my lashes a break from mascara but they literally halved in length - they were so short and stubby and I hated the way my eyes looked.  False eye lashes turned out to be way worse than mascara.  So when we went into Boots I didn't know what to go for - my old mascaras had damaged my eyelashes in the first place and there I was about a month of falsies later with the shortest stubbiest horrible little eye lashes.  I didn't know where to turn!  I'm the kind of girl that likes to stick to what works when it comes to my makeup and for my eyelashes nothing was working so I was lost.  It was actually my boyfriend who spotted the Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara with Argan Oil and I think he was probably drawn to it because it is so shiny but I was sold at Argan Oil.

The packaging is really pretty in a lovely coppery rose gold type colour.  I think it looks quite luxurious both by the colour but also by the sleek shape.  I have to say I do judge my products by their packaging quite a lot.  If I don't like the packaging it is a lot less likely that I'l pick it up.  I'm really glad this had nice packaging otherwise my boyfriend would have never picked it up.

When I first got this product I was soooo disappointed in it.  I was used to thick formulas that applied quickly but this product applies quite thin and takes a couple of coats.  I got used to the product after a couple of days though and decided I actually liked it.  I think because my eye lashes were so short at the time I was looking for super volume instantly which admittedly this product does not give with the first application but it does redeem itself in other areas.  In terms of the applicator I'm really not bothered what type my mascara comes with - as long as it works!  I like that this one is quite thin as it makes lower lashes easier to get without that horrible smudge under your eye!

The finish of this mascara is really pretty and natural looking.  It does take about three coats but I just alternate between each eye three times and it does the trick.  I just tested it now (I've been wearing it all day) and I can say that it doesn't break very easily.  I used to have real issues with my mascara breaking and crumbling off but even with a bit of pull the crumbling on this one is very minimal and it doesn't clump up like a lot of other mascaras do.

But of all the things I love about this mascara there is one single point that will make me go back to it again and again.  It makes my lashes grow.  I mean serious growth.  As I said, my lashes were so short and stumpy and now they are at least double the length and I would say longer than they were before I started to notice any damage!  You might be thinking that my lashes would have naturally grown over this period of time but I noticed growth after just one week of using this product.  

In all I would seriously recommend this mascara to anyone.  I think the argan oil is the magic factor.  I used to wear argan oil on my face and it did wonders for my skin and it's also really good for your hair so it makes sense that it would help with eye lashes.  This mascara is pretty affordable too - it's under £10 which I think is pretty acceptable for a mascara as magical as this one.

I hope you guys liked this review and if you did let me know if you'd like to see more from me.  What is your favourite mascara?

robynisabella x


No comments:

Post a Comment