Tuesday 26 May 2015

Clean Brushes!

Hey guys!

I have a confession to make - before today - I had never cleaned my makeup brushes!  I know, disgusting - I just didn't realise that it was something you were supposed to do.  I've seen a couple of posts on brushes cleaning so I decided to give it a bash myself.  At first I just filled a jug with warm water and a little dish soap because my face is sensitive to soaps but that didn't work so I had to do it properly.  I just squeezed a little soap onto my hand then swirled the brush onto the soap and the make up came straight off!  For my dirtier brushes it took a couple of tries but I think if I did it regularly that wouldn't be an issue.  The foundation brush smells pretty strongly of soap now so I'm hoping it doesn't irritate my face - if it does I'll just rinse it out again.

Again I had work today (getting in the way of picture taking!) so the after pictures are still ever so slightly damp but you can definitely see the difference.    I hope you guys enjoy the before and after pictures - I couldn't believe how different they looked - like brand new brushes!  I haven't altered the colour in the before or after pictures so they really are a true indicator.  I knew they were bad but I didn't think they were that bad - the after brushes look a completely different colour all together!!!

Before:




After:




I hope you enjoyed this post - I know there is not much in the way of content - but I just had to share this with you all.  Cleaning is important and it makes your brushes look all clean and spanking new!  What is your favourite way to clean your brushes?

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment