Saturday 2 May 2015

Food Friday at Last!

Hey guys!

So here we are as promised a lovely Food Friday Saturday!  Originally this post was going to be about the dinner me and my boyfriend had on our anniversary but tonight me and my mum went to the same place for dinner again so I'll add a little of that in at the end.

On the day of our anniversary me and my boyfriend had a really lazy day just enjoying each others company which was great but all of a sudden it was 9pm and we hadn't even thought about where to go for dinner.  If we were in the city this wouldn't have been an issue but in my small town most places close at nine or ten.  We rushed along to the closest Frankie and Benny's and guiltily asked for a table for two.  I really hate going into a restaurant late at night.  You just know they are wishing you had stayed in so they could finish up and go home haha!  Anyway we decided to skip starters and go for mains and desserts for a change.

Alan decided to go for the lasagne which looked lovely!  If it had been me that had ordered it I would have hoped for a complimentary side salad but it just came plain.  He wasn't complaining though!



I decided to go for a special avocado pizza - but I don't really like avocado so I switched it for tomato.  I know that seems a bit strange but I liked the sound of the rest of the pizza which is why I went for it over just a plain margherita.  In hindsight I would probably just go for a plain pizza.  It's not that I didn't enjoy this one I just preferred the bits with less balsamic and less cress.  It does look pretty though.




We decided to get a side of chips for us to share which were really delicious.  I love fries I could eat them with everything haha!


By the time we had gotten through all of that it was actually five to ten and the restaurant shut at ten.  The girl was very polite and asked if we wanted anything else (remember we had planned to get pudding) but we decided to leave them to it and let them finish up.  I made us some banoffee waffles when we get home which were actually amazing if I do say so myself!  All in all it was a great wee night and despite being last minute we did have a lovely dinner.

Tonight my mum and I went for pretty much the same things as one another.  We started with some garlic bread to share.  When they offered it I was expecting the usual garlic bread you get but it came out like a pizza which made me so excited because that is my absolute favourite kind of garlic bread.  Any garlic bread is good in my book (more garlicy the better) but this pizza kind is the best.


We both got a burger each.  My mum went for a black and blue burger that looked fantastic!  If I ate meat I would have possibly tried it but the idea of blue cheese just grosses me out haha!  I went for the Mediterranean vegetable burger.  I didn't leave a picture because it pretty much just looked the same as my mums but a little less spectacular.   


We decided to treat ourselves and both got ice cream sundays that were so nice but so sickening at the same time.  They had malteasers and marshmallows mixed through with whipped cream on top and honestly looked amazing.  It wasn't until we were half way through eating them that I realise I hadn't snapped a pic!  Just goes to show how good they looked - we just couldn't wait!

I had a really great time both nights that I went out with my little family.  It's important to spend time with the people you love outside of everyday life.  Did you guys have a good Food Friday?

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment