Friday 8 May 2015

Lunch with Friends

Hey guys!



This week I met up with my lovely friends and so far the encounter has dominated my blog posts.  That fact is not going to change today because it's 'Food Friday' and what better to talk about than the lovely lunch we had!  We met up and the first thing on all of our minds was 'where do we go for food?'.  Now that might seem like an easy question to answer but in the city with so much choice it was actually a little overwhelming!  Eventually we settled on a little Italian that sits just on the edge of George Square called La Vita.  It's a gorgeous little place that I have frequented a few times now and the food is really good.  The building itself is also pretty cool because it has a small downstairs with an over hanging balcony and then another level above that.  I've never sat on the balcony but I've always wanted to!  As soon as we were seated on the top floor the endless chatter began - luckily we managed to squeeze in some food between all the catching up we had to do.


All three of us started things off with my absolute favourite starter ever.  Mozzarella Balls.  Oh holy goodness I love those things!  I've tried my hand at making them from scratch at home and it failed pretty horribly.  Any of you got any handy tips 'cause I could certainly use them?



For our mains my gals went for a vegetable risotto and a pizza.  I've never been a huge risotto fan but my friends looked and smelled amazing and she gave it high recommendations.  My other friend gave me a slice of her pizza and it was sooo nice!  I love pizza though so... it couldn't do wrong really!


I played it safe and went for a cheesy pasta.  It was especially cheesy which I really liked and I thought it was interesting that they went for that funny shaped pasta instead of macaroni.  I would definitely order it again but probably with a little bit of garlic bread to break it up a little.

All in all we had a great meal to set us up for our day of catching up!  If you are ever in or near George Square in Glasgow and stuck for something to eat I would definitely recommend you try La Vita or if you are short on time their street food take away - sit in restaurant Via Italia is so amazing!  It sits just beside Central Station and is a great pit stop.  You get to choose your pasta, sauce, toppings - it's so good and they do a nice variety of options.

I hope you guys liked this post!  Don't forget to follow for more from me next week!  Out of the three dishes, which one would you pick?

robynisabella x

2 comments:

  1. It looks mouthwatering! :D
    It looks really delicious.

    http://youthfulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Writing this post made me really hungry haha!

      robynisabella x

      Delete