Wednesday 20 May 2015

Pets at Home Haul!

Hey guys!

So it occurred to me recently that I haven't really mentioned a huge part of my life here on my blog.  My pets!  I loveeee my pets and they honestly do mean the world to me so it's about time you guys were introduced and what better a way than through a haul post!


Now this post is going to be lacking pictures because stupidly I forgot to individually photograph everything!!!  Couldn't believe it when I went to edit and unfortunately all of these goodies pictured above have already been handed over to their new owners (ie my pets) and are now partly destroyed!  I'll through in some pet snaps for good measure.

I think I'll start with my dog first - My dog is called Betty and she is a little mixed breed dog.  She looks a bit like a Jack Russell at first glance but when you get to know her you realise she actually looks totally different.  She's actually my mum's dog - as in her loyalties totally lie with my mum - but I love her and she deserves a wee mention!  In the picture above there is only one thing for her and it is the little treat at the very front.  It's a little dental stick type thing that is shaped like a little toothbrush and is super cute.  Apparently they are all natural and they do a couple different sizes for different sized dogs.  My pets at home has Tiny, Small and Regular.  Betty is really a small dog but I buy her the regular size because she doesn't get them very often and the small ones just look sooo tiny!


Next up is my baby boy, my cat.  My cat is an all black short hair (though going greyer on the chest with age) called Button.  He's my little love and I don't think I love anything as much as I love my cat.  He's a pretty old boy now at 14 and he's just so special.  He also has three legs but I'm so used to it now I don't even notice and he hops around quite the thing.  He's slowing down a bit in his old age but I'm usually around to help him out.  From pets at home I just picked him up a little cat grass pack.  He has a stash of treats already so I resisted the urge to buy more. 

Last up and the owner of pretty much all the treats up there is my little bunny Belle.  Belle is a house rabbit that lives in my room in a massive cage I made her out of NIC cubes.  She's super cute and really rabbits are such underrated pets.  They train easily, can be litter trained and are generally very affectionate if you listen to them and understand their limits.  I would say they are pretty hard work though and if you ever think about getting a rabbit make sure you are in it for the long haul because they can live for longer than ten years!  



From pets at home I got Belle a large collection of hay, straw, willow and other edible type balls to play with.  She really enjoys the willow ones but really she likes them all.  I also picked up that super cute little bowl with the carrots on it!  Really I totally did not need to get the bowl because she already has a perfectly good bowl but I just couldn't resist.  Lastly (and the sole thing I went into pets at home to buy) I picked up a small animal furminator.  Seriously those pet brushes are amazing!  They are quite pricey (over £20) but I would honestly recommend them if you have an animal that sheds a lot.  We have one that the cat and dog use and it is absolutely amazing on my dog which is what made me go in to get a rabbit one.  I like the rabbit one but it's not quite as good - I think it's because rabbit fur is just so fluffy and fine.  While I say it's not as good, it is effective for removing the hair - it just doesn't hold onto it as well as the dog one does.

Belle investigating her new toys while I was taking pictures!

So that's it for my introduction to my pets and my pets at home haul.  I know most of this was for my rabbit - but my cat is old and doesn't like toys and my dog already has far too many it's not that I left them out don't worry!  What pets do you have?  If you've not got any, is there a particular pet you wish you did have?  Thanks for reading!

robynisabella x


1 comment:

  1. Leave me a comment if you noticed my rabbit themed bedding!

    robynisabella x

    ReplyDelete