Wednesday 22 April 2015

Trip to the Sea Side

Hey guys!

Today I went on a little trip to the sea side to visit my boyfriend.  He's been working a lot lately so I haven't been getting many chances to see him so when we do meet up we try and have the best time we can.

I grew up in the little town he lives in now and if there is one thing I could take away from there it's the ice cream!  When the weather is hot it seems that the whole town pours down to the beach - stopping off at a little cafe to pick up some of the best home made ice cream there is.  The little cafe has been there for as long as I can remember.  When I was little my gran used to take me and get me a '99' which was a vanilla ice cream cone with a cadbury's flake stuck in the top!  The thing about a '99' though is that it used to cost 99p - now it is well over £1!  


Today I went for a crispy cone with vanilla (you absolutely cannot beat the vanilla!) and my boyfriend got a crispy cone dipped in chocolate and I think his flavour was caramel shortcake. 


We sat on the front to eat them - persevering through the heat with the sun blazing on our faces.  I normally go for a tub of ice cream instead of a cone but today I decided I wanted to be all fancy and go all out.  Boy did I regret it!  As soon as it started melting I regretted my choice but it didn't just end there - as we were walking along the front towards his house I somehow managed to tip my melted ice cream completely down my front!  It was not a good look.  Luckily I had this pretty view to keep my mind off of the sticky mess.



The walk along to my boyfriends was lovely and one of the streets was lined with cherry blossoms that have all come into bloom.  I think we're in the middle of a heat wave hence our gorgeous weather and I think it has encouraged all the flowers to bloom a little early - I took some snaps to show you guys!



I love cherry blossoms they put a smile on my face every time I see them.  I hope you guys liked following along on this little part of my day today!  

What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment