Friday 24 April 2015

Super Quick and Easy Ravioli

Hey guys!

I hope you all had a great day today.  Unfortunately today marked the end of our gorgeous weather here in Scotland and we were back to the grey and damp that we are so used to.  I was working all day and when I finished I was in one of those moods where I just couldn't be bothered cooking so my mum had the great idea of making some ravioli!  Not only is it a great energy source it is quick and easy and makes for a delicious meal!

To make this recipe you will need to get yourself a packet of 'Goat's Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Ravioli' or a Ravioli of your choice.  I picked mine up from ASDA.  I think I am going to attempt to make my own ravioli in the future - but if you're feeling lazy like me just buy a pack!  You're also going to need some basil, olive oil, plum or cherry tomatos (about 12) and some salt and pepper.  That's it - that's all you need for this dish.


First off you're going to want to boil your pasta in some salted water.  Top mum tip:  Don't let the water boil while the pasta is in the pan - boil your water then take it off the heat to add pasta.  If you over boil your pasta it will burst open the little packages and ruin the filing.  The time it takes to cook is probably variable for different brands but this one here only took three minutes!!  While your pasta is cooking away you're going to want to cut your tomatos in half and tear up your basil.  Tearing your basil rather than chopping it is a good idea because tearing releases more flavour from the herb.



My pasta floated on the surface of the water with big air balloons in the centre but I think I over boiled mine as one of them burst (I learned the mum tip after I had cooked the pasta).  Once you think your pasta is done you need to drain it and then pop it back in the pan.  Add your chopped up tomatos and basil along with a generous glug of olive oil and some pepper to your taste then stir until the mix is evenly spread throughout the pasta.  You might be thinking that sounds a little strange and dry with no sauce but trust me it is absolutely amazing.  You really don't need a sauce and the olive oil works to keep the pasta moist and combine everything together.


My mum and I just had pasta on its own but I would suggest serving small portions with some sides like bread or olives.  It looks lovely on the plate, tastes amazing and only took three minutes!  It's the ideal dinner if you're in a hurry or just can't be bothered whipping up something fancy and if you ask me it looks like it took a lot longer than three minutes! 

Let me know if you try this in the comments - I would love to see your pictures!  A special thanks has to go to my mum for holding up the background sheet for all of my pictures and for delivering some useful top tips along the way.   What is your favourite type of ravioli? 

robynisabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment