Friday 17 April 2015

Spicy Mexican!

Hey guys!

The other day my boyfriend treated me to a lovely little day out in the city and I thought I would bring you guys along to have a little look at the food we ordered.  I let him take the lead and he took us to a funny little Mexican in Glasgow called Topolabamba.  It's quite a strange set up they have in there which is different to any other mexican I have been to.  There is a selection of small dishes and a couple of larger ones and you can pick and choose between the two - it's kind of like tapas but mexican style.

While we were trying to pick our food the waiter came over and offered us some nibbles and some water (thank the lord because everything was super spicy).  The nibbles came in the form of some tortilla chips and a salsa of your choice.  My boyfriend went for the medium salsa but even then it was super spicy.




I really loved how the water come out in this cute little jug!  If I ever see one like it in the shops I will definitely pick one up because it just looked so pretty on the table.  

We decided to get three sides to share - salt and chilli pepper fries, jalapeƱo poppers and some mexican green rice.  I didn't manage to get a proper snap of the rice but it tasted really good!  It was citrusy goodness.  The jalapeƱos came in a bed of that same salsa and honestly eating those was like setting your mouth on fire.  I'm normally quite good with spice - but I had to have a good couple of glasses of water! 



For the mains my boyfriend decided to get Tostadas which is like the crispy version of a taco.  He really enjoyed them and if I remember correctly he went for the shredded beef option.  If I wasn't a vegetarian I would have definitely stolen some!  I didn't manage to get a snap of his before he wired in so his is a bit of an action shot haha!  I decided to go for a char roasted vegetable burrito which was so delicious and it came with a really nice little dipping sauce.  All I know about the sauce is that it was green - I actually couldn't pin down the flavour, so if you know what it is let me know in the comments!




Overall the meal was really lovely and the atmosphere was great.  I really liked the lighting in there too - I don't know if we just caught it on a sunny day but it just had a really lovely feel.  We were seated super fast and the service was great.  The waiter was really friendly and the food came so fast - we were actually really surprised by how fast the food came.  If you are looking for a nice quick stop that isn't too fancy I would highly recommend it!

I hope you guys enjoyed this Food Friday.  I'm still using my iphone for my images so I hope the quality wasn't lacking too much.  What is your favourite mexican dish?

robynisabella x


No comments:

Post a Comment