Monday 20 April 2015

Teeny Tiny Urban Decay Haul!

Hey guys!

Okay so first off I can't even call this a haul but I am far too poor for real hauls so this is the closest we're going to get!  I don't even know how some of you girls and guys can afford to do hauls (I am very jealous) because everything is just so expensive - even drug store brands!  While I can't do hauls I do want to talk to you guys about the new makeup I buy so I have a proposal for you all.  Once a month I will do a post on the new makeup I have bought in the month - this will probably only consist of one or two pieces (the no money struggles are real) of 'high end' makeup and probably some of my regular drug store buys too.  I figure this way you guys can watch my makeup collection grow as I buy it.  I think this is the most realistic way for me to expand my collection - slow and steady one piece at a time.  I would love to hear any suggestions you guys would have for me to purchase next so please leave me comments!!

Today I have two pieces for you guys which my lovely boyfriend bought for me.  Originally I only wanted to get the eye shadow palette but the store was doing £10 off if I bought another beauty item and so I decided to go for one of their lipsticks!  Obviously I had to take advantage of this deal and I effectively got a £15.50 lipstick for just £5.50.

First off lets talk about the palette.  I already have the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette which I love so I knew I wanted to try out the original.  I've already started using it and honestly the colours are just amazing.  At first glance you might think the palettes are really similar and I suppose they are but there are just so many different looks you can achieve with the first palette when compared with the second.  The palettes come in at £38 each.





The first very obvious difference I noticed was the packaging.  The original comes in a very pretty design with a nice velvet material as opposed to the second palettes metal casing.  First impressions wise I think the original palette is far prettier on the eye but for actual usage the second is far more practical.  The original palette marks so easily and I think over time the gold lettering will eventually wear off.  So far I have held onto the box to try and keep it as fresh as possible.



When you open the palette up it is immediately different.  The mirror is very small (I much prefer naked 2's mirror) but overall I think it is a very pretty design.  I added an old picture of naked 2 in there so you guys can see the real difference in colours.  Personally I think I actually prefer the looks I get from the original palette but it might just be that 'new makeup' feel lingering.




This is my first 'high end' lipstick and I absolutely love it!  I'm so glad Urban Decay had their deal on because otherwise I would probably have not thought to pick one up.  Lets just talk about the packaging for a minute.  I freaking love the packaging it's so shiny and lovely and I actually really love the urban decay written down the side.  I like the touch of purple for the inner tubing too.


I went for the colour 'nude' and I feel like it is just such a lovely shade on me.  It glides on really easily and the colour is there straight away - you really don't need much product to get the results.  For me it gives a really nice natural look and it's just so lovely with so many different makeup looks.  I find that it is quite a moisturising lipstick too and that is something I was really worried about when I bought it.  I find a lot of lipsticks really dry out my lips and just leave them looking cracked and disgusting but this lipstick doesn't do that at all.  Couldn't be happier with it really!

There we have it - my teeny tiny haul!  I hope you guys liked this 'Makeup Monday' post.  Follow me for more updates throughout the week and make sure to leave me a little comment!

What is your favourite lipstick brand?

robynisabella x

The products featured in this post are:
Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette and Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the colour Naked

No comments:

Post a Comment