Monday 13 April 2015

New Nail Polish

Hey guys!

Today is Makeup Monday and although technically not makeup I do have a shiny new post for you all!  Slight disclaimer here - though titled 'Makeup Monday', Monday may also include hair and beauty topics.

First off I'm going to start by saying I'm not a big magazine person and I never really have been.  I just don't buy them that often but yesterday as I was browsing the aisles of the local co-op I stumbled across the latest issue of Cosmo.  While the "thought provoking" titles ('How normal is your sex drive?'  'Married men will break your heart' and 'My naked photos were stolen' to name but a few) were fabulously bold pink they were not in fact the reason I picked up the magazine.  You might have guessed it but attached to the cover was a little pink nail polish.  The magazine boasted that it would normally have cost me £12 but here it was free with a £3.80 magazine.  I was sold.


As you can see it has a pretty ordinary though pretty nail polish design.  It is by New Cid Cosmetics who I had never previously heard of but I looked them up and they have a pretty wide range of other products as well as some other pretty nail polish colours.  The colour is a little different in real life it's more of a pink based red than an orange based red but on the nail it is quite similar to the above picture.  

This next picture I took considerably later after the sun had gone down and I purposefully didn't edit the colouring for this picture so apologies for the poor image but I wanted to show how it looked on the nail when I eventually applied it.  Ps.  I am the worlds worst nail artist haha!


I have to say I was actually really impressed with this nail polish.  I didn't do any nail prep nor did I cover it with a clear coating afterwards.  I used one coat of polish and that's it.  The colour went on really nicely and the consistency was nice and smooth - the brush didn't stick at all.  This nail polish dries really fast too - definitely before 60 seconds have passed.  Normally I find that (even the fast driers) polish though dry will still mark and scratch within the first maybe thirty minutes to an hour of applying.  I feel like I have to hover around and not really use my hands for fear of ruining the finish.  This nail polish didn't leave me feeling that way at all.  I don't know if I was being more relaxed about it because I don't actually have an occasion to wear these nails to and I'm really not that bothered if they get marked but I closed the lid of my laptop on them literally about 20 seconds after they had dried and they didn't even get a scuff!  This is after only one coat and no top coat!  I was so impressed so I tried scraping one nail on another (because closing a the lap top on them wasn't enough proof)  and it still didn't budge!  Seriously I can't get over the durability this polish has shown so far!  I'll probably update you guys with the length of wear I get out of it on next Monday's post.  

Overall I really like this nail polish and I think if you bought it at £12 it would be worth the money.  I like this colour and it will be nice going into spring but I think I would prefer a different colour if I had the choice but that is just personal preference.  For any of you interested I didn't really think much of the magazine.  The headings were made to sound far more dramatic than the content they offered.  I hope you enjoyed this post - follow for more beauty updates next week!

Have any of you guys tired this polish?  What did you think of it?

robynisabella x


The product featured in this post is:
New Cid Cosmetics i-polish 8010 Crepe Suzette

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was nominated by someone else too - I'm going to type up my post later on tonight I'll send you the link when I do! Thank you so much! x

    ReplyDelete